Clemency Hearings are held by the Pardon & Parole Board as a final step of the appeals process to stop an execution of prisoners sentenced to death. When OK-CADP receives such a notice, we contact the prisoner’s attorney for advice on how we can best be of assistance and then proceed with contacts to the Board, Attorney General and/or Governor and attend the hearing which is held at the Hillside Correctional Center, 3300 MLK Boulevard, Oklahoma City.
Often in our efforts to stop an execution an on-line Petition is circulated and then delivered to the Governor in person at the appropriate time.
Often letters, emails, and phone calls need to go to the Governor:
The Honorable Governor Mary Fallin
State Capitol, 2300 N Lincoln, Suite 211
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Comment line: 405-522-8856
When mercy, clemency, or a Stay of Execution is denied and the state continues with it’s premeditated homicide we always stand in front of the Governor’s mansion on that day at 5:15 pm in a “Don’t Kill for Me” Protest and transition into a silent vigil at 6:00 pm when the execution begins until death is announced to us by the mansion guard.
- Sign up for Action Alerts
- Send letters for clemency to P&P Board Board when requested. Download instructions with addresses: P&P Board Mailing Instructions (PDF)
- Contact Governor for clemency when requested.
- Circulate & Sign Petitions when requested.
- Stand with us in Protest and Vigil on Execution days.